Well here I am again writing to those who may read this, I have been gone for the past week on a voyage not so pleasant as say a cruise. In fact it was hellish from the begining, starting with Monday moring, lets see fromt he begining as we were getting ready to leave port we shifted from the shore power to my ships power and again lost power. However this time it wasn't for long, probably for about ten minutes or so. Not bad, anyway we get out to sea and we beigin right off the top with drills in fact two of them that probably lasted three hours each. It wouldn't be so bad if they could make up there mind on when to start them.... Also and the biggest one is it wouldn't be so bad again if we had the crew of the ship actaully care about learning what is required and acting on it. What I (we teach) in my rate helps to safe the ship in case their is an event of a major fire or flood or what ever may occur. But they don't, so for the first two days I did a lot of yelling trying to get some of them right in the head for the mission at hand. The whole reason for us being out there is to get ready for the big wigs or inspectors who are coming down this week to inspect us on weather or not we can certify on getting underway. The rest of the days pretty much followed the same. Long hours of work and drills and very little sleep.
I shouldn't really complain and really I am not, I shouldn't really be worrying because I am getting short, meaning I am almost out as far as the Navy is concern. The only reason why I guess I care is because if we do not pass the inspections my free time will not be so much free in fact it wil be very little and a lot more work. Again I shouldn't be to worried in which I am not. I am getting out very soon, in fact 8 months and I am free in a since. I can actaully begin my life. and so far I think I am on the right path. I still have an amazing girlfriend in which I love very much and hope to stay with her. I hope to start college as well and in betwen fine a good paying job. Not to mention my other goals like moving out of my parents house, taking a cruise with my girl, and then everyting there fate shall decide. I hope that with me getting out of the Military things will look up not that they are not now but just the fact that I hope to regain the things I have missed out on for so long. catch up to what is going on as far as family and friends and even the surrounding area of home. To become much more part of my girlfriend's life then what I am now. to do more with her instead of planning trips to see each other which has been great but can get stresful. Instead it can become much more. I think that is what I am so excited about. Yes there is family and what not but mostly it is being able to spend the time with her to actaully and truly be there for her. For her to actually have someone to talk to.
Okay well this will end here for now but I will update again soon and continue to update more often for this will be an opened journal in a since so those who want to read can and will then have an idea of what life is for me thus far. So until next time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment